WELCOME TO IES GATE ACADEMY
IES – GATE ACADEMY is a premier institute in Chennai and wide experience around 15 years in providing coaching for GATE(GATE-Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering), IES(Indian Engineering Services Examination), and PSU(Public Sector Units) with excellent results
IGA is established in Chennai with aim to provide all India level coaching for ECE, EEE, INE, MECH, CIVIL, BT and CHEMICAL Engineerings
IGA – Features
- IGA providing 350 – 400 hours to covers GATE Syllabus
- Experienced and dedicated faculty from Hyd.
- Regular, Week End, Crash Course, Postal and Online Course are available
- Topic wise examination in each and every subjects
- Mock Test for GATE, IES, PSU and General
- Regular doubt clarification session
- Test paper review and guiding session
GATE – ELIGIBILITY
GATE-Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India competitive examination for Engineers from various backgrounds administered and conducted jointly by the IISc Bangalore and Seven IITs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (4 years after 10+2/Post B.Sc./Post-Diploma).
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent.
- Integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Five year programme)
- Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Four year programme)
- B.E/B.Tech equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India) Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
- Pre-final year students are not eligible to write GATE (FROM 2013)
- DIPLOMA HOLDERS IN ENGINEERING ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
GATE BENEFITS AND IMPORTANCE
- Admission in Post-graduation M.Tech or M.E ( Master programme in Engineering ) Candidate with good GATE Score along with All India rank ( AIR ) will get option of all top colleges . IITs are the best institution which facilitates better placement and high teaching standard. Colleges which accept gate score for M.Tech. / M.E. programme are: All IITs, IISc Bangalore, NITs, IIITs, Top deemed university, top Private Colleges, state engineering colleges. Scholarship will be awarded by MHRD to all candidates who enroll on the basis of GATE Score .
- Selection in PSU’s : Engineer Trainee / Management trainee Now Public sector units will recruit Engineer Trainee / Management trainee through GATE Score only. List of top Public sector Units like ONGC, NTPC, ISRO, BHEL, BARC, DRDO, DVC, Power-grid, IOCL and many more Organization are going to recruit engineers only through Valid GATE score.
- GATE Score card is mandatory for Lecturer/ Asst. Lecturer in any engineering colleges. GATE Score is mandatory for teaching professional in Engineering Colleges / Institutes.
- Validity of GATE Score card: It vary every from 1 to 2 year.
GATE QUESTION PATTERN
Q.1 to Q.25 and Q61 to Q 65 : Will carry one mark each (sub-total 30 marks).1/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Q.26 to Q.60: Will carry two marks each (sub-total 70 marks). 2/3 mark will bededucted for each wrong answer.
Question pairs (Q.48,Q49)and (Q.50 to Q.51) will be common data questions. Each question will carry two marks.2/3mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Question pairs (Q.52, Q.53) and (Q.54, Q.55) will be linked answer questions.The answer to the second question of the last two pairs will depend on theanswer to the first question of the pair.
If the first question in the linked pair is wrongly answered or isun-attempted, then the answer to the second question in the pair will not beevaluated. Each question will carry two marks.
There will be negative marks only for wrong answer to the first question of thelinked answer question pair i.e. for Q.52 and Q.54, 2/3 mark will be deductedfor each wrong answer. There is no negative marking for Q.53& Q.55.